- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) programme which can be pursued by students who have passed 10+2 (any stream) from a recognized board.
- D.El.Ed. professionals become eligible to work at elementary level schools and similar educational institutes imparting elementary education.
District Institute of Education and Training, Baghmara, South Garo Hills District (under the Directorate of Educational Research &Training, Government of Meghalaya, Department of Education) was established in the District Headquarter Baghmara on 23rd September 2003. It became operational in the year 2005 with the appointment of a Principal in charge and six Lecturers. It was established to cater to the needs of Elementary teachers of the district for improving the quality of Elementary Education. The institute was formally inaugurated by the Deputy Chief Minister of Meghalaya Dr. Mukul Sangma on 7th June 2005
Name and Address of the Institute:
District Institute of Education and Training,
Baghmara, South Garo Hills, Meghalaya - 794102
Year of establishment:23rd September 2003
Teacher Education Programme(s) offered in the Institution:
|Sl No||Programme||Number & Year of NCTE Recognition||Sanctioned Intake|
|1||D.El.Ed||No. 11459; Date: 12-05-2015||50|
Details of Affiliation:
|Sl No||Programme||Name of the Affiliating Body||Number & Year of Affiliation|
|1||D.El.Ed||DERT||No. 11459; Date: 12-05-2015|
Status of Affiliation:Permanent
Type of Management :Government Institution
Status of the Institution:Independent Institution offering Teacher Education Programme
Institution meant for:Co-Educational
Accessibility:accessible in all-weather and through pucca road
By 2020, there will be 100% of trained teachers in all the elementary schools of South Garo Hills, and that all the elementary teachers in the district will be covered by In-service short term training programmes under SSA and CSS with a view to provide quality education in the district.
To provide academic and resource support to the grass root level for the success of the various strategies and programme being undertaken in the areas of elementary & adult education.
- Campus and Infrastructure: Land area available in square meters: Area 7 big -1K-12L or 9786 square meters.
- Director Resources: Library Seating Capacity in Reading Room - 20, Number of Books - 3500
- Physical Education Resource Center: Volleyball, Cricket, Basket Ball, Badminton, Carrom, Table Tennis.
- Pre-Service Programme: D.El.Ed
- 2 Days Awareness Programme on Recent Issues: HIV-AIDS, Child Labour, Trafficking, Environmental Degradation, Disaster Management and Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act.
- 4 Days Workshop on Education Today Society Tomorrow conducted for Teacher Educators by initiative of change (IOFC) Panchgani, Pune.